SPANISH: MASTER OF ARTS PROGRAM
Program Level: Masters
CIP Code: 16.0905
Dept Code: WLE
Program (Major/College): SPA AS
Accreditation:Accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
DEGREE PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
The Master of Arts in Spanish consists of twelve (12) courses or thirty-six (36) credit hours:
- 3 credit hours of core course: SPW6806: Introduction to Hispanic Graduate Studies.
- 33 credit hours of elective courses in literature, culture, and linguistics.
- Up to 6 credits may be taken outside the Spanish Section if approved in advance by the Graduate Program Director.
- Students who choose to write a Master’s Thesis enroll in 6 credits of SPW6971: Master’s Thesis, which are counted towards the total 33 credits of coursework.
- Comprehensive exam, usually taken in the second semester of the second year.
Click here for a copy of the M.A. Handbook
Click here for a copy of the M.A. Reading List
Contact the Graduate Program Director for details.
Dr. David Arbesú, Graduate Director, Spanish MA Program
STUDY ABROAD OPPORTUNITIES
World Languages, in cooperation with the International Affairs Center, offers several summer study programs overseas. These include study in Argentina, Costa Rica, and Spain. For details, contact the Graduate Program Director for Spanish or the International Affairs Center.
Return to Home/Spanish